Echocardiography in Early Pregnancy
Carmen Comas, Pilar Prats RodrRguez
Echocardiography,Early diagnosis,Early pregnancy,Prenatal diagnosis,Early echocardiography
Citation Information :
Comas C, RodrRguez PP. Echocardiography in Early Pregnancy. Donald School J Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2013; 7 (2):168-181.
CC BY-NC 4.0
Copyright © 2013; The Author(s).
How to cite this article
Gabriel CC, Rodriguez PP. Echocardiography in Early Pregnancy. Donald School J Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2013;7(2):168-181.
- Isolated major congenital heart disease (Opinion). Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2001;17:370-79.
- Congenital heart disease in 56,109 births. Incidence and natural history. Circulation 1971;43:323-32.
- Prospective diagnosis of 1006 consecutive cases of congenital heart disease in the fetus. J Am Coll Cardiol 1994;23:1452-58.
- Fetal cardiology. Curr Op Obstet Gynecol 1996;8: 142-47.
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital heart disease. Prenat Diagn 1997;17:1283-98.
- Prenatal diagnosis and management of fetal cardiovascular malformations. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 2000;12:105-09.
- End result of routine ultrasound screening for congenital anomalies. The Belgian Multicentric study 1984-92. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1995;5:366-71.
- Using nuchal translucency to screen for major cardiac defects at 10 to 14 weeks of gestation: Population based cohort study. Br Med J 1999;318:81-85.
- Nuchal translucency and its relationship to congenital heart disease. Semin Perinatol 2000;24:343-51.
- Cardiac defects in chromosomally normal fetuses with abnormal ductus venosus blood flow at 10 to 14 weeks. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1999;14:307-10.
- Ductus venosus studies in fetuses at high-risk for chromosomal or heart abnormalities: Relationship with nuchal translucency measurement and fetal outcome. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2001;17:288-94.
- The role of transvaginal sonography in the early detection of congenital heart disease. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1992;2:248-51.
- Early ultrasound diagnosis of congenital heart defects in highrisk and low-risk pregnancies. Obstet Gynecol 1993;82: 225-29.
- Early diagnosis of fetal congenital heart disease by transvaginal echocardiography. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1993;3:310-17.
- Screening for fetal anomalies during the first trimester of pregnancy: Transvaginal versus transabdominal sonography. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1991;1:186-91.
- Fetal echocardiography using transvaginal and transabdominal probes during the first period of pregnancy: A comparative study. Prenat Diagn 1991;11:69-75.
- Congenital heart defects: Natural course and in utero development. Circulation 1997;96:550-55.
- First trimester diagnosis of congenital heart disease by transvaginal ultrasonography. Obstet Gynecol 1994;84:69-72.
- Early screening for fetal cardiac anomalies by transvaginal echocardiography in an unselected population: The role of operator experience. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2000;16:614-19.
- The sonographic approach to the detection of fetal cardiac anomalies in early pregnancy. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2002;19:360-65.
- Early prenatal diagnosis of major cardiac anomalies in a high-risk population. Prenat Diagn 2002;22:586-93.
- How successful is fetal echocardiographic examination in the first trimester of pregnancy? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2002;20:9-13.
- First trimester transabdominal fetal echocardiography. Lancet 1998;351:1023-27.
- Early diagnosis of major cardiac defects in chromosomally normal fetuses with increased nuchal translucency. Br J Obstet Gynecol 1999;106:829-33.
- Accuracy and limitations of transabdominal fetal echocardiography at 12 to 15 weeks of gestation in a population at high-risk for congenital heart disease. Br J Obstet Gynecol 2000;107: 1492-97.
- Fetal cardiac abnormalities identified prior to 14 weeks’ gestation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2002;20:22-29.
- First trimester fetal echocardiographic: Is the future now? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2002;20:6-8.
- Echocardiography in early pregnancy: A review of the literature. J Ultrasound Med 2003;22:271-80.
- Color Doppler examination of the outflow tracts of the fetal heart: A technique for identification of cardiovascular malformations. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1994;4:463-71.
- Doppler tachometry in early pregnancy. Development of fetal vagal function. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 1972;2:55-63.
- Embryonic heart activity: Appearance and development in early human pregnancy. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1990;97:989-94.
- First-trimester diagnosis of fetal congenital heart disease by transvaginal two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiography. Obstet Gynecol 1990;75:496-98.
- Prenatal diagnosis of ventricular septal defect and overriding aorta at 14 weeks’ gestation using transvaginal sonography. Prenat Diagn 1990;10:697-705.
- Screening for fetal anomalies in the 12th week of pregnancy by transvaginal sonography in an unselected population. Prenat Diagn 1997;17:753-59.
- Screening for fetal anomalies by ultrasound at 14 and 21 weeks. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1997;10:375-80.
- First trimester ultrasonographic diagnosis of fetal structural abnormalities in a low-risk population. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1998;105:53-57.
- The value of sonography in early pregnancy for the detection of fetal abnormalities in an unselected population. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1999;106:929-36.
- Transvaginal sonographic detection of embryonic-fetal abnormalities in early pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 2000;96:328-32.
- Structural and functional cardiac abnormalities identified prior to 16 weeks’ gestation in fetuses with increased nuchal translucency. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2003;22: 470-78.
- Diagnosis of congenital cardiac defects between 11 and 14 weeks’ gestation in high risk patients. J Ultrasound Med 2002;21:23-29.
- Clinical impact of first and early second trimester fetal echocardiography on high-risk pregnancies. Heart 2004;90:921-26.
- Early fetal echocardiography—a reliable prenatal diagnosis tool. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2005;193: 1253-59.
- Detection rate of early fetal echocardiography and in utero development of congenital heart defect. J Ultrasound Med 2006;25:187-96.
- Detailed screening for fetal anomalies and cardiac defects at the 11 to 13 weeks scan. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2006;27:613-18.
- Fetal cardiac scanning performed immediately following an abnormal nuchal translucency examination. Prenat Diagn 2008;28:934-38.
- Fetal cardiac evaluation at 11 to 14 weeks by experienced obstetricians in a low-risk population. Prenat Diagn 2011;31:1054-61.
- Screening for congenital heart disease: As move toward earlier echocardiography. Am J Perinatol 2007;24:449-56.