Sonography of the Pelvic Infection
Tirso Pérez-Medina, Jose Bajo Arenas
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID),Pyosalpinx,Sonographic findings,Tubaric abscess
Citation Information :
Pérez-Medina T, Arenas JB. Sonography of the Pelvic Infection. Donald School J Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2012; 6 (4):398-407.
CC BY-NC 4.0
Copyright © 2012; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Arenas JB, Perez-Medina T. Sonography of the Pelvic Infection. Donald School J Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2012;6(4):398-407.
- Guidelines for Women's Health care. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington, DG 1996.
- Does insertion and use of an intrauterine device increase the risk of pelvic inflammatory disease among woman with sexually transmitted infection? A systematic review. Contraception 2006;73;145-53.
- Sexually transmitted infections and pelvic inflammatory disease in Women. Med Clin N Am 2008;92;1083-113.
- Transvaginal ultrasoundguided aspiration for treatment of tubo-ovarian abscess: A study of 302 cases. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2005;193:1323.
- Intrauterine device and upper-genital-tract infection. Lancet 2000;356:1013.
- Antibiotic profilaxis for intrauterine contraceptive device insertion. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008.
- Intrauterine and barrier contraception (a practical review of recent developments) Current Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2005;15:31-37.
- Effectiveness of inpatient and outpatient treatment strategies for women with pelvic in flammatory disease evaluation and clinical health (PEACH) randomized trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002;186:929.
- Clinical predictors of endometritis in women with symptoms and signs of pelvic inflammatory disease. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002;100:456.
- Tuboovarian abscess in postmenopausal women: Gynecol malignancy until proven otherwise?. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2004;114:203.
- Management of acute PeMc inflammatory disease. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
- Comparing ceftriaxone plus azitromycin or Doxycicline for pelvic inflammatory disease: A randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol 2007;110:53.
- A longitudinal study of pelvic inflammatory disease. Br J Obset Gynaecol 1992;99:994.
- Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance 2006 y 2007.
- Cosi of and payment source for pelvic inflammatory disease. JAMA 1991;266:2565.
- Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines. MMWR Recomm Rep 2006;55:1.